What is Apitherapy?
Apitherapy is a branch of alternative medicine that uses honey bee products, including honey, pollen, propolis, royal jelly and bee venom.
History — References to medical properties of bee products can be found in Chinese, Korean, Russian, Egyptian and Greek traditional medicine practices. Apitherapy has been practiced since the times of Hippocrates and Galen. The more modern study of apitherapy, specifically using bee venom, was initiated by Austrian physician Philipp Terč (cs) in his 1888 article “About a Peculiar Connection Between the Bee stings and Rheumatism.” More recent alternative medicine practice is attributed to the Hungarian physician Bodog F. Beck who coined the term “bee venom therapy” in 1935, and to beekeeper Charles Mraz (1905–1999) in the latter half of the twentieth century. In 1957, the USSR Ministry of Health sanctioned use of bee venom to treat certain ailments by approval of Nikolay Artemov’s “Instruction for Bee Sting Venom Apitherapy.”
APITHERAPY simply means the use of bee products to prevent, heal or recover somebody from one or more diseases/conditions.
“Api” comes from the bee’s Latin name: Apis mellifera and “therapy” comes from the Greek word “therapeuein” which means a method to treat human beings or animals against different diseases.
To prevent a disease means that:
- You can destroy the potential “enemies” before they will even try to enter into your body.
- To stimulate the body’s own “powers” to destroy itself these “enemies” once they are inside, BEFORE any clinical signs (fever, inflammation, pains, etc..) will appear.
To recover a person after a certain disease/condition means to bring back, in a normal health state of that person. In other words, it means to make the body, mind, and spirit to function at least as good as before the disease appeared.
“Recovery” is a word often used after surgery from different traumas or infectious diseases.
To heal means to eliminate completely a certain disease or sign/symptom.
Apitherapy is a holistic medicine. “Holistic” means to use the “whole” or to treat the “whole”.
Apitherapy is holistic because:
- It is strongly related in a harmonious way with so many natural processes.
- It uses knowledge from other holistic natural therapies like phytotherapy (use of herbs), aromatherapy (use of essential oils), diet therapy (use of nutrients), acupuncture, acupressure, and Ayurveda.
- It deeply affects the human’s and animals’ nervous system and blood flow, so, only through these two (2) systems, it affects the WHOLE body.
- It affects our emotional life.
- It affects our spiritual life; to heal somebody, not only with a jar of honey, but also through real love, friendship and understanding is already a “spiritual” thing.
…so, at the BeeCraft Consult. “APITHERAPY IS THE FUTURE OF MEDICINE” … COME FOR YOUR TREATMENT…