Online Video-based and In-person Training
Options for instruction include both BeeCraft Academy online training and in-person training. In-person training includes an option to have us manage your hive for you.
All BeeCraft training follows the BeeCraft Course Curriculum.
TRAINING CLASSES: Lessons 1-6. Each lesson includes a lesson manual plus a certificate of participation upon completion of each lesson.
COURSE FEES: $50.00 per lesson for in-person training and $50.00 per lesson for online training.
1. The Biology and Ecology of Beekeeping
- Starting a beekeeping business of your own
- Colony and colony organization
- Package and Nuc bees.
- Basic equipment
- Apiary location requirement
- Seasonal calendar
2. Hands-on Demonstration Class
- Tools for beekeeping
- Construction and assemblage
- Use of equipment
- Bee-yard/apiary and bee-plants
3. Handling Bees
- Hive inspection
4. Brood and Brood Rearing
- Build-up and brood pattern
- Queen quality
- Hive growth and population management
5. Harvesting & Extraction of Beehive Products
- Storage building and winter reserves
- Combining hives and feeding for winter
6. Economics of Beekeeping
- Starting Beekeeping Business of your own
- Managing beekeeping business for profit